Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Dirty Little Secret......Procrastination

I am a procrastinator. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.....or so I have heard. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow. I have not packed our bags yet and I'm not sure why. Maybe because I am preset to a last minute disaster. Could be. Or am I just making excuses. If I psycho analyze myself I can contribute it to a mass list of things to do before we go and the confusion of where to start....so I just wait until that moment of clarity hits me before I take action. So here I sit knowing that I need to pack our bags, gather and prepare meds for the next three days, sweep and mop my floors, finish my dishes and laundry, clean the cat box, feed the bird, run the vacuum, put laundry away, feed and water the cats, take the dog to our parents. I know there a few things I am missing in there.....oh yeah....I need to take a shower.

Last night I sat down and filed almost all of our scattered papers. We got our file cabinet 3 months ago.
I am finding it obscenely hard to organize our family in this little apartment. Given, the price is right, the location is perfect, the schools are great, but we have no room. We have 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room. We also have 2 adults, 3 daughters(ages 6,9,and 10), a german sheperd, 2 cats, and a parrot in a 6ft tall 3 ft wide cage.  I would like to think that I might find myself being more productive and organized in a home that would fit us better.

No comments:

Post a Comment